1 files changed, 4 insertions, 3 deletions
diff --git a/drivers/video/backlight/pwm_bl.c b/drivers/video/backlight/pwm_bl.c
index d7efcb632f7d..002f1ce22bd0 100644
@@ -297,14 +297,15 @@ static int pwm_backlight_probe(struct platform_device *pdev)
- * If the GPIO is configured as input, change the direction to output
- * and set the GPIO as active.
+ * If the GPIO is not known to be already configured as output, that
+ * is, if gpiod_get_direction returns either GPIOF_DIR_IN or -EINVAL,
+ * change the direction to output and set the GPIO as active.
* Do not force the GPIO to active when it was already output as it
* could cause backlight flickering or we would enable the backlight too
* early. Leave the decision of the initial backlight state for later.
if (pb->enable_gpio &&
- gpiod_get_direction(pb->enable_gpio) == GPIOF_DIR_IN)
+ gpiod_get_direction(pb->enable_gpio) != GPIOF_DIR_OUT)
pb->power_supply = devm_regulator_get(&pdev->dev, "power");