Diffstat (limited to 'lib')
1 files changed, 6 insertions, 4 deletions
diff --git a/lib/string_helpers.c b/lib/string_helpers.c
index c98ae818eb4e..0a307a97d489 100644
@@ -410,7 +410,7 @@ static bool escape_hex(unsigned char c, char **dst, char *end)
* @dst: destination buffer (escaped)
* @osz: destination buffer size
* @flags: combination of the flags (bitwise OR):
- * %ESCAPE_SPACE:
+ * %ESCAPE_SPACE: (special white space, not space itself)
* '\f' - form feed
* '\n' - new line
* '\r' - carriage return
@@ -432,8 +432,10 @@ static bool escape_hex(unsigned char c, char **dst, char *end)
* all previous together
* '\xHH' - byte with hexadecimal value HH (2 digits)
- * @esc: NULL-terminated string of characters any of which, if found in
- * the source, has to be escaped
+ * @esc: NULL-terminated string containing characters used to limit
+ * the selected escape class. If characters are included in @esc
+ * that would not normally be escaped by the classes selected
+ * in @flags, they will be copied to @dst unescaped.
* The process of escaping byte buffer includes several parts. They are applied
@@ -441,7 +443,7 @@ static bool escape_hex(unsigned char c, char **dst, char *end)
* 1. The character is matched to the printable class, if asked, and in
* case of match it passes through to the output.
* 2. The character is not matched to the one from @esc string and thus
- * must go as is to the output.
+ * must go as-is to the output.
* 3. The character is checked if it falls into the class given by @flags.
* %ESCAPE_OCTAL and %ESCAPE_HEX are going last since they cover any
* character. Note that they actually can't go together, otherwise