Diffstat (limited to 'kernel/trace/ring_buffer.c')
1 files changed, 3 insertions, 3 deletions
diff --git a/kernel/trace/ring_buffer.c b/kernel/trace/ring_buffer.c
index 1d0f6a8a0e5e..f765465bffe4 100644
@@ -1075,6 +1075,7 @@ rb_allocate_cpu_buffer(struct ring_buffer *buffer, int nr_pages, int cpu)
ret = rb_allocate_pages(cpu_buffer, nr_pages);
if (ret < 0)
@@ -1346,10 +1347,9 @@ rb_remove_pages(struct ring_buffer_per_cpu *cpu_buffer, unsigned int nr_pages)
* If something was added to this page, it was full
* since it is not the tail page. So we deduct the
* bytes consumed in ring buffer from here.
- * No need to update overruns, since this page is
- * deleted from ring buffer and its entries are
- * already accounted for.
+ * Increment overrun to account for the lost events.
+ local_add(page_entries, &cpu_buffer->overrun);