Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 18 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/keys.txt b/Documentation/keys.txt
index 31154882000a..6304db59bfe4 100644
@@ -860,24 +860,6 @@ The structure has a number of fields, some of which are mandatory:
It is safe to sleep in this method.
- (*) int (*duplicate)(struct key *key, const struct key *source);
- If this type of key can be duplicated, then this method should be
- provided. It is called to copy the payload attached to the source into the
- new key. The data length on the new key will have been updated and the
- quota adjusted already.
- This method will be called with the source key's semaphore read-locked to
- prevent its payload from being changed, thus RCU constraints need not be
- applied to the source key.
- This method does not have to lock the destination key in order to attach a
- payload. The fact that KEY_FLAG_INSTANTIATED is not set in key->flags
- prevents anything else from gaining access to the key.
- It is safe to sleep in this method.
(*) int (*update)(struct key *key, const void *data, size_t datalen);
If this type of key can be updated, then this method should be provided.