Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/RCU')
2 files changed, 9 insertions, 9 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/RCU/rcu.txt b/Documentation/RCU/rcu.txt
index 7aa2002ade77..2a23523ce471 100644
@@ -36,7 +36,7 @@ o How can the updater tell when a grace period has completed
executed in user mode, or executed in the idle loop, we can
safely free up that item.
- Preemptible variants of RCU (CONFIG_PREEMPT_RCU) get the
+ Preemptible variants of RCU (CONFIG_TREE_PREEMPT_RCU) get the
same effect, but require that the readers manipulate CPU-local
counters. These counters allow limited types of blocking
within RCU read-side critical sections. SRCU also uses
@@ -79,10 +79,10 @@ o I hear that RCU is patented? What is with that?
o I hear that RCU needs work in order to support realtime kernels?
This work is largely completed. Realtime-friendly RCU can be
- enabled via the CONFIG_PREEMPT_RCU kernel configuration parameter.
- However, work is in progress for enabling priority boosting of
- preempted RCU read-side critical sections. This is needed if you
- have CPU-bound realtime threads.
+ enabled via the CONFIG_TREE_PREEMPT_RCU kernel configuration
+ parameter. However, work is in progress for enabling priority
+ boosting of preempted RCU read-side critical sections. This is
+ needed if you have CPU-bound realtime threads.
o Where can I find more information on RCU?
diff --git a/Documentation/RCU/whatisRCU.txt b/Documentation/RCU/whatisRCU.txt
index 97ded2432c59..e41a7fecf0d3 100644
@@ -136,10 +136,10 @@ rcu_read_lock()
Used by a reader to inform the reclaimer that the reader is
entering an RCU read-side critical section. It is illegal
to block while in an RCU read-side critical section, though
- kernels built with CONFIG_PREEMPT_RCU can preempt RCU read-side
- critical sections. Any RCU-protected data structure accessed
- during an RCU read-side critical section is guaranteed to remain
- unreclaimed for the full duration of that critical section.
+ kernels built with CONFIG_TREE_PREEMPT_RCU can preempt RCU
+ read-side critical sections. Any RCU-protected data structure
+ accessed during an RCU read-side critical section is guaranteed to
+ remain unreclaimed for the full duration of that critical section.
Reference counts may be used in conjunction with RCU to maintain
longer-term references to data structures.