Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/RCU/rcu.txt')
1 files changed, 5 insertions, 5 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/RCU/rcu.txt b/Documentation/RCU/rcu.txt
index 7aa2002ade77..2a23523ce471 100644
@@ -36,7 +36,7 @@ o How can the updater tell when a grace period has completed
executed in user mode, or executed in the idle loop, we can
safely free up that item.
- Preemptible variants of RCU (CONFIG_PREEMPT_RCU) get the
+ Preemptible variants of RCU (CONFIG_TREE_PREEMPT_RCU) get the
same effect, but require that the readers manipulate CPU-local
counters. These counters allow limited types of blocking
within RCU read-side critical sections. SRCU also uses
@@ -79,10 +79,10 @@ o I hear that RCU is patented? What is with that?
o I hear that RCU needs work in order to support realtime kernels?
This work is largely completed. Realtime-friendly RCU can be
- enabled via the CONFIG_PREEMPT_RCU kernel configuration parameter.
- However, work is in progress for enabling priority boosting of
- preempted RCU read-side critical sections. This is needed if you
- have CPU-bound realtime threads.
+ enabled via the CONFIG_TREE_PREEMPT_RCU kernel configuration
+ parameter. However, work is in progress for enabling priority
+ boosting of preempted RCU read-side critical sections. This is
+ needed if you have CPU-bound realtime threads.
o Where can I find more information on RCU?