|author||Andrew Morton <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2006-01-08 01:04:09 -0800|
|committer||Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>||2006-01-08 20:14:02 -0800|
[PATCH] remove gcc-2 checks
Remove various things which were checking for gcc-1.x and gcc-2.x compilers. From: Adrian Bunk <firstname.lastname@example.org> Some documentation updates and removes some code paths for gcc < 3.2. Acked-by: Russell King <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Adrian Bunk <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'README')
1 files changed, 2 insertions, 5 deletions
@@ -183,11 +183,8 @@ CONFIGURING the kernel:
COMPILING the kernel:
- - Make sure you have gcc 2.95.3 available.
- gcc 2.91.66 (egcs-1.1.2), and gcc 220.127.116.11 are known to miscompile
- some parts of the kernel, and are *no longer supported*.
- Also remember to upgrade your binutils package (for as/ld/nm and company)
- if necessary. For more information, refer to Documentation/Changes.
+ - Make sure you have at least gcc 3.2 available.
+ For more information, refer to Documentation/Changes.
Please note that you can still run a.out user programs with this kernel.