|author||Greg Kroah-Hartman <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2013-11-01 09:18:25 -0700|
|committer||Greg Kroah-Hartman <email@example.com>||2013-11-01 09:18:25 -0700|
Revert "usb: pl2303: add two comments concerning the supported baud rates with HX chips"
This reverts commit c23bda365dfbf56aa4d6d4a97f83136c36050e01. Revert all of the pl2303 changes that went into 3.12-rc1 and -rc2 as they cause regressions on some versions of the chip. This will all be revisited for later kernel versions when we can figure out how to handle this in a way that does not break working devices. Reported-by: Mika Westerberg <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Frank Schäfer <email@example.com> Acked-by: Johan Hovold <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <email@example.com>
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 12 deletions
diff --git a/drivers/usb/serial/pl2303.c b/drivers/usb/serial/pl2303.c
index 6638c5d9079d..09fb55cf3be7 100644
@@ -281,12 +281,6 @@ static int pl2303_baudrate_encode_direct(int baud, enum pl2303_type type,
4800, 7200, 9600, 14400, 19200, 28800, 38400,
57600, 115200, 230400, 460800, 614400, 921600,
1228800, 2457600, 3000000, 6000000 };
- * NOTE: The PL2303HX (tested with rev. 3A) also supports the following
- * baud rates: 128000, 134400, 161280, 201600, 268800, 403200, 806400.
- * As long as we are not using this encoding method for them, there is
- * no point in complicating the code to support them.
/* Set baudrate to nearest supported value */
@@ -400,12 +394,6 @@ static void pl2303_encode_baudrate(struct tty_struct *tty,
* => supported by all chip types
* 2) Divisor based method: encodes a divisor to a base value (12MHz*32)
* => supported by HX chips (and likely not by type_0/1 chips)
- * NOTE: Although the divisor based baud rate encoding method is much
- * more flexible, some of the standard baud rate values can not be
- * realized exactly. But the difference is very small (max. 0.2%) and
- * the device likely uses the same baud rate generator for both methods
- * so that there is likley no difference.
if (type != HX)
baud = pl2303_baudrate_encode_direct(baud, type, buf);