1 files changed, 13 insertions, 16 deletions
diff --git a/arch/sparc/Kconfig b/arch/sparc/Kconfig
index 002f7b4e6ba..de58c02633b 100644
@@ -4,6 +4,17 @@
mainmenu "Linux/SPARC Kernel Configuration"
+ bool "64-bit kernel" if ARCH = "sparc"
+ default ARCH = "sparc64"
+ SPARC is a family of RISC microprocessors designed and marketed by
+ Sun Microsystems, incorporated. They are very widely found in Sun
+ workstations and clones.
+ Say yes to build a 64-bit kernel - formerly known as sparc64
+ Say no to build a 32-bit kernel - formerly known as sparc
@@ -15,22 +26,11 @@ config SPARC
-# Identify this as a Sparc32 build
- default y if ARCH = "sparc"
- SPARC is a family of RISC microprocessors designed and marketed by
- Sun Microsystems, incorporated. They are very widely found in Sun
- workstations and clones. This port covers the original 32-bit SPARC;
- it is old and stable and usually considered one of the "big three"
- along with the Intel and Alpha ports. The UltraLinux project
- maintains both the SPARC32 and SPARC64 ports; its web page is
- available at <http://www.ultralinux.org/>.
+ def_bool !64BIT
- default y if ARCH = "sparc64"
+ def_bool 64BIT
@@ -53,9 +53,6 @@ config BITS
default 32 if SPARC32
default 64 if SPARC64
- def_bool y if SPARC64
default y if SPARC64