|author||Dimitri Gorokhovik <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2007-03-06 01:42:17 -0800|
|committer||Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>||2007-03-06 09:30:25 -0800|
[PATCH] initramfs should not depend on CONFIG_BLOCK
initramfs ended up depending on BLOCK: INITRAMFS_SOURCE <-- BLK_DEV_INITRD <-- BLOCK This inhibits use of customized-initramfs-over-ramfs without block layer (ramfs would still be enabled), useful in embedded applications. Move BLK_DEV_INITRD out of 'drivers/block/Kconfig' and into 'init/Kconfig', make it unconditional. Signed-off-by: Dimitri Gorokhovik <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: David Howells <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: Andrew Morton <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <email@example.com>
Diffstat (limited to 'drivers/block/Kconfig')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 16 deletions
diff --git a/drivers/block/Kconfig b/drivers/block/Kconfig
index cacb1c816e3..17ee97f3a99 100644
@@ -406,22 +406,6 @@ config BLK_DEV_RAM_BLOCKSIZE
setups function - apparently needed by the rd_load_image routine
that supposes the filesystem in the image uses a 1024 blocksize.
- bool "Initial RAM filesystem and RAM disk (initramfs/initrd) support"
- depends on BROKEN || !FRV
- The initial RAM filesystem is a ramfs which is loaded by the
- boot loader (loadlin or lilo) and that is mounted as root
- before the normal boot procedure. It is typically used to
- load modules needed to mount the "real" root file system,
- etc. See <file:Documentation/initrd.txt> for details.
- If RAM disk support (BLK_DEV_RAM) is also included, this
- also enables initial RAM disk (initrd) support and adds
- 15 Kbytes (more on some other architectures) to the kernel size.
- If unsure say Y.
tristate "Packet writing on CD/DVD media"
depends on !UML