|author||Bastian Blank <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2009-01-04 23:03:10 -0800|
|committer||David S. Miller <email@example.com>||2009-01-04 23:03:10 -0800|
sparc: Use 64BIT config entry
Use 64BIT config entry to distinguish between 32 and 64bit builds instead of relying on the ARCH setting. Using sparc64 as ARCH still forces 64BIT on. Inspired by the x86 and s390 configs. [ Integrated CONFIG_64BIT help text suggestions from Sam -DaveM ] Signed-off-by: Bastian Blank <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tested-by: Sam Ravnborg <email@example.com> Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'arch/sparc')
1 files changed, 13 insertions, 16 deletions
diff --git a/arch/sparc/Kconfig b/arch/sparc/Kconfig
index 002f7b4e6ba..de58c02633b 100644
@@ -4,6 +4,17 @@
mainmenu "Linux/SPARC Kernel Configuration"
+ bool "64-bit kernel" if ARCH = "sparc"
+ default ARCH = "sparc64"
+ SPARC is a family of RISC microprocessors designed and marketed by
+ Sun Microsystems, incorporated. They are very widely found in Sun
+ workstations and clones.
+ Say yes to build a 64-bit kernel - formerly known as sparc64
+ Say no to build a 32-bit kernel - formerly known as sparc
@@ -15,22 +26,11 @@ config SPARC
-# Identify this as a Sparc32 build
- default y if ARCH = "sparc"
- SPARC is a family of RISC microprocessors designed and marketed by
- Sun Microsystems, incorporated. They are very widely found in Sun
- workstations and clones. This port covers the original 32-bit SPARC;
- it is old and stable and usually considered one of the "big three"
- along with the Intel and Alpha ports. The UltraLinux project
- maintains both the SPARC32 and SPARC64 ports; its web page is
- available at <http://www.ultralinux.org/>.
+ def_bool !64BIT
- default y if ARCH = "sparc64"
+ def_bool 64BIT
@@ -53,9 +53,6 @@ config BITS
default 32 if SPARC32
default 64 if SPARC64
- def_bool y if SPARC64
default y if SPARC64