2 files changed, 13 insertions, 7 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/hwmon/jc42 b/Documentation/hwmon/jc42
index 0e76ef12e4c..2a0924003f9 100644
@@ -51,7 +51,8 @@ Supported chips:
* JEDEC JC 42.4 compliant temperature sensor chips
Addresses scanned: I2C 0x18 - 0x1f
- Datasheet: -
Guenter Roeck <firstname.lastname@example.org>
@@ -60,7 +61,11 @@ Author:
-This driver implements support for JEDEC JC 42.4 compliant temperature sensors.
+This driver implements support for JEDEC JC 42.4 compliant temperature sensors,
+which are used on many DDR3 memory modules for mobile devices and servers. Some
+systems use the sensor to prevent memory overheating by automatically throttling
+the memory controller.
The driver auto-detects the chips listed above, but can be manually instantiated
to support other JC 42.4 compliant chips.
diff --git a/drivers/hwmon/Kconfig b/drivers/hwmon/Kconfig
index 773e484f164..412339451a3 100644
@@ -455,13 +455,14 @@ config SENSORS_JZ4740
- tristate "JEDEC JC42.4 compliant temperature sensors"
+ tristate "JEDEC JC42.4 compliant memory module temperature sensors"
depends on I2C
- If you say yes here you get support for Jedec JC42.4 compliant
- temperature sensors. Support will include, but not be limited to,
- ADT7408, CAT34TS02,, CAT6095, MAX6604, MCP9805, MCP98242, MCP98243,
- MCP9843, SE97, SE98, STTS424, TSE2002B3, and TS3000B3.
+ If you say yes here, you get support for JEDEC JC42.4 compliant
+ temperature sensors, which are used on many DDR3 memory modules for
+ mobile devices and servers. Support will include, but not be limited
+ to, ADT7408, CAT34TS02, CAT6095, MAX6604, MCP9805, MCP98242, MCP98243,
+ MCP9843, SE97, SE98, STTS424(E), TSE2002B3, and TS3000B3.
This driver can also be built as a module. If so, the module
will be called jc42.