|author||Wolfgang Denk <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2010-10-28 20:52:49 +0200|
|committer||Wolfgang Denk <email@example.com>||2010-10-29 21:40:08 +0200|
Drop support for CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT
For ARM systems, before ELF relocation was introduced, CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT coul be used to prevent *COPYING* the U-Boot image from whereever it was loaded to it's link address (CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE). The name was badly chosen, as no relocation was performed at all, it was just a memcpy(). With ELF relocation, this does not work like that any more, and related boards need to be fixed anyway. So don't keep this relict any longer. Signed-off-by: Wolfgang Denk <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tested-by: Heiko Schocher <email@example.com> Tested-by: Reinhard Meyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'README')
1 files changed, 8 insertions, 10 deletions
@@ -2836,19 +2836,17 @@ Low Level (hardware related) configuration options:
+ [ARM only] If this variable is defined, then certain
+ low level initializations (like setting up the memory
+ controller) are omitted and/or U-Boot does not
+ relocate itself into RAM.
- [ARM only] If these variables are defined, then
- certain low level initializations (like setting up
- the memory controller) are omitted and/or U-Boot does
- not relocate itself into RAM.
- Normally these variables MUST NOT be defined. The
- only exception is when U-Boot is loaded (to RAM) by
- some other boot loader or by a debugger which
- performs these initializations itself.
+ Normally this variable MUST NOT be defined. The only
+ exception is when U-Boot is loaded (to RAM) by some
+ other boot loader or by a debugger which performs
+ these initializations itself.
Modifies the behaviour of start.S when compiling a loader
that is executed before the actual U-Boot. E.g. when
compiling a NAND SPL.