|author||Stefan Richter <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2008-06-14 14:24:53 +0200|
|committer||Stefan Richter <email@example.com>||2008-06-19 00:12:35 +0200|
firewire: Kconfig menu touch-up
Emphasize the recommendation to build only one stack. Trim the prompts to better fit into short attention spans. Signed-off-by: Stefan Richter <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'drivers/firewire/Kconfig')
1 files changed, 15 insertions, 17 deletions
diff --git a/drivers/firewire/Kconfig b/drivers/firewire/Kconfig
index fb4d391810b..76f26710fc1 100644
@@ -1,28 +1,26 @@
-comment "An alternative FireWire stack is available with EXPERIMENTAL=y"
+comment "A new alternative FireWire stack is available with EXPERIMENTAL=y"
depends on EXPERIMENTAL=n
+comment "Enable only one of the two stacks, unless you know what you are doing"
+ depends on EXPERIMENTAL
- tristate "IEEE 1394 (FireWire) support - alternative stack, EXPERIMENTAL"
+ tristate "New FireWire stack, EXPERIMENTAL"
depends on EXPERIMENTAL
This is the "Juju" FireWire stack, a new alternative implementation
designed for robustness and simplicity. You can build either this
- stack, or the classic stack (the ieee1394 driver, ohci1394 etc.)
- or both. Please read http://wiki.linux1394.org/JujuMigration before
- you enable the new stack.
+ stack, or the old stack (the ieee1394 driver, ohci1394 etc.) or both.
+ Please read http://wiki.linux1394.org/JujuMigration before you
+ enable the new stack.
To compile this driver as a module, say M here: the module will be
called firewire-core. It functionally replaces ieee1394, raw1394,
- You should only build ONE of the stacks, unless you REALLY know what
- you are doing.
- tristate "Support for OHCI FireWire host controllers"
+ tristate "OHCI-1394 controllers"
depends on PCI && FIREWIRE
Enable this driver if you have a FireWire controller based
@@ -33,12 +31,12 @@ config FIREWIRE_OHCI
called firewire-ohci. It replaces ohci1394 of the classic IEEE 1394
- You should only build ohci1394 or firewire-ohci, but not both.
- If you nevertheless want to install both, you should configure them
- only as modules and blacklist the driver(s) which you don't want to
- have auto-loaded. Add either
+ You should only build either firewire-ohci or the old ohci1394 driver,
+ but not both. If you nevertheless want to install both, you should
+ configure them only as modules and blacklist the driver(s) which you
+ don't want to have auto-loaded. Add either
@@ -60,7 +58,7 @@ config FIREWIRE_OHCI_DEBUG
- tristate "Support for storage devices (SBP-2 protocol driver)"
+ tristate "Storage devices (SBP-2 protocol)"
depends on FIREWIRE && SCSI
This option enables you to use SBP-2 devices connected to a