|author||Viresh Kumar <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2012-04-20 22:39:48 +0530|
|committer||Arnd Bergmann <email@example.com>||2012-05-14 17:34:11 +0200|
SPEAr: Update MAINTAINERS and Documentation
This patchset updates MAINTAINERS files, makes shiraz as second Maintainer for SPEAr SoCs. It also updates Documentation mostly for SPEAr13xx. Signed-off-by: Viresh Kumar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Diffstat (limited to 'Documentation/arm')
1 files changed, 17 insertions, 15 deletions
diff --git a/Documentation/arm/SPEAr/overview.txt b/Documentation/arm/SPEAr/overview.txt
index 28a9af953b9..57aae7765c7 100644
@@ -8,9 +8,8 @@ Introduction
weblink : http://www.st.com/spear
The ST Microelectronics SPEAr range of ARM9/CortexA9 System-on-Chip CPUs are
- supported by the 'spear' platform of ARM Linux. Currently SPEAr300,
- SPEAr310, SPEAr320 and SPEAr600 SOCs are supported. Support for the SPEAr13XX
- series is in progress.
+ supported by the 'spear' platform of ARM Linux. Currently SPEAr1310,
+ SPEAr1340, SPEAr300, SPEAr310, SPEAr320 and SPEAr600 SOCs are supported.
Hierarchy in SPEAr is as follows:
@@ -26,33 +25,36 @@ Introduction
- SPEAr600 (SOC)
- SPEAr600 Evaluation Board
- SPEAr13XX (13XX SOC series, based on ARM CORTEXA9)
- - SPEAr1300 (SOC)
+ - SPEAr1310 (SOC)
+ - SPEAr1310 Evaluation Board
+ - SPEAr1340 (SOC)
+ - SPEAr1340 Evaluation Board
A generic configuration is provided for each machine, and can be used as the
- make spear600_defconfig
- make spear300_defconfig
- make spear310_defconfig
- make spear320_defconfig
+ make spear13xx_defconfig
+ make spear3xx_defconfig
+ make spear6xx_defconfig
- The common files for multiple machine families (SPEAr3XX, SPEAr6XX and
- SPEAr13XX) are located in the platform code contained in arch/arm/plat-spear
+ The common files for multiple machine families (SPEAr3xx, SPEAr6xx and
+ SPEAr13xx) are located in the platform code contained in arch/arm/plat-spear
with headers in plat/.
Each machine series have a directory with name arch/arm/mach-spear followed by
series name. Like mach-spear3xx, mach-spear6xx and mach-spear13xx.
- Common file for machines of spear3xx family is mach-spear3xx/spear3xx.c and for
- spear6xx is mach-spear6xx/spear6xx.c. mach-spear* also contain soc/machine
- specific files, like spear300.c, spear310.c, spear320.c and spear600.c.
- mach-spear* doesn't contains board specific files as they fully support
- Flattened Device Tree.
+ Common file for machines of spear3xx family is mach-spear3xx/spear3xx.c, for
+ spear6xx is mach-spear6xx/spear6xx.c and for spear13xx family is
+ mach-spear13xx/spear13xx.c. mach-spear* also contain soc/machine specific
+ files, like spear1310.c, spear1340.c spear300.c, spear310.c, spear320.c and
+ spear600.c. mach-spear* doesn't contains board specific files as they fully
+ support Flattened Device Tree.