* Copyright (C) 2007, 2008, 2009 Siemens AG
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2
* as published by the Free Software Foundation.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* GNU General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
* with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
* 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
* ieee802154_nl_assoc_indic - Notify userland of an association request.
* @dev: The network device on which this association request was
* @addr: The address of the device requesting association.
* @cap: The capability information field from the device.
* This informs a userland coordinator of a device requesting to
* associate with the PAN controlled by the coordinator.
* Note: This is in section 7.3.1 of the IEEE 802.15.4-2006 document.
int ieee802154_nl_assoc_indic(struct net_device *dev,
struct ieee802154_addr *addr, u8 cap);
* ieee802154_nl_assoc_confirm - Notify userland of association.
* @dev: The device which has completed association.
* @short_addr: The short address assigned to the device.
* @status: The status of the association.
* Inform userland of the result of an association request. If the
* association request included asking the coordinator to allocate
* a short address then it is returned in @short_addr.
* Note: This is in section 7.3.2 of the IEEE 802.15.4 document.
int ieee802154_nl_assoc_confirm(struct net_device *dev,
u16 short_addr, u8 status);
* ieee802154_nl_disassoc_indic - Notify userland of disassociation.
* @dev: The device on which disassociation was indicated.
* @addr: The device which is disassociating.
* @reason: The reason for the disassociation.
* Inform userland that a device has disassociated from the network.
* Note: This is in section 7.3.3 of the IEEE 802.15.4 document.
int ieee802154_nl_disassoc_indic(struct net_device *dev,
struct ieee802154_addr *addr, u8 reason);
* ieee802154_nl_disassoc_confirm - Notify userland of disassociation
* @dev: The device on which disassociation was ordered.
* @status: The result of the disassociation.
* Inform userland of the result of requesting that a device
* disassociate, or the result of requesting that we disassociate from
* a PAN managed by another coordinator.
* Note: This is in section 126.96.36.199 of the IEEE 802.15.4 document.
int ieee802154_nl_disassoc_confirm(struct net_device *dev,
* ieee802154_nl_scan_confirm - Notify userland of completion of scan.
* @dev: The device which was instructed to scan.
* @status: The status of the scan operation.
* @scan_type: What type of scan was performed.
* @unscanned: Any channels that the device was unable to scan.
* @edl: The energy levels (if a passive scan).
* Note: This is in section 7.1.11 of the IEEE 802.15.4 document.
* Note: This API does not permit the return of an active scan result.
int ieee802154_nl_scan_confirm(struct net_device *dev,
u8 status, u8 scan_type, u32 unscanned,
u8 *edl/*, struct list_head *pan_desc_list */);
* ieee802154_nl_beacon_indic - Notify userland of a received beacon.
* @dev: The device on which a beacon was received.
* @panid: The PAN of the coordinator.
* @coord_addr: The short address of the coordinator on that PAN.
* Note: This is in section 7.1.5 of the IEEE 802.15.4 document.
* Note: This API does not provide extended information such as what
* channel the PAN is on or what the LQI of the beacon frame was on
* Note: This API cannot indicate a beacon frame for a coordinator
* operating in long addressing mode.
int ieee802154_nl_beacon_indic(struct net_device *dev, u16 panid,