Diffstat (limited to 'arch/arm/mm/init.c')
1 files changed, 13 insertions, 11 deletions
diff --git a/arch/arm/mm/init.c b/arch/arm/mm/init.c
index c168f322ef8..8b276ee38ac 100644
@@ -420,7 +420,8 @@ static void __init bootmem_init(struct meminfo *mi)
* Set up device the mappings. Since we clear out the page tables for all
* mappings above VMALLOC_END, we will remove any debug device mappings.
* This means you have to be careful how you debug this function, or any
- * called function. (Do it by code inspection!)
+ * called function. This means you can't use any function or debugging
+ * method which may touch any device, otherwise the kernel _will_ crash.
static void __init devicemaps_init(struct machine_desc *mdesc)
@@ -428,6 +429,12 @@ static void __init devicemaps_init(struct machine_desc *mdesc)
unsigned long addr;
+ * Allocate the vector page early.
+ vectors = alloc_bootmem_low_pages(PAGE_SIZE);
for (addr = VMALLOC_END; addr; addr += PGDIR_SIZE)
@@ -461,12 +468,6 @@ static void __init devicemaps_init(struct machine_desc *mdesc)
- vectors = alloc_bootmem_low_pages(PAGE_SIZE);
* Create a mapping for the machine vectors at the high-vectors
* location (0xffff0000). If we aren't using high-vectors, also
@@ -491,12 +492,13 @@ static void __init devicemaps_init(struct machine_desc *mdesc)
- * Finally flush the tlb again - this ensures that we're in a
- * consistent state wrt the writebuffer if the writebuffer needs
- * draining. After this point, we can start to touch devices
- * again.
+ * Finally flush the caches and tlb to ensure that we're in a
+ * consistent state wrt the writebuffer. This also ensures that
+ * any write-allocated cache lines in the vector page are written
+ * back. After this point, we can start to touch devices again.