|author||Sebastian Siewior <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2007-10-08 11:45:10 +0800|
|committer||David S. Miller <email@example.com>||2007-10-10 16:55:50 -0700|
[CRYPTO] sha: Load the SHA[1|256] module by an alias
Loading the crypto algorithm by the alias instead of by module directly has the advantage that all possible implementations of this algorithm are loaded automatically and the crypto API can choose the best one depending on its priority. Additionally it ensures that the generic implementation as well as the HW driver (if available) is loaded in case the HW driver needs the generic version as fallback in corner cases. Also remove the probe for sha1 in padlock's init code. Quote from Herbert: The probe is actually pointless since we can always probe when the algorithm is actually used which does not lead to dead-locks like this. Signed-off-by: Sebastian Siewior <firstname.lastname@example.org> Signed-off-by: Herbert Xu <email@example.com>
Diffstat (limited to 'arch/s390/crypto')
2 files changed, 2 insertions, 2 deletions
diff --git a/arch/s390/crypto/sha1_s390.c b/arch/s390/crypto/sha1_s390.c
index af4460ec381..8ebd3cd6bd1 100644
@@ -12,7 +12,7 @@
* Author(s): Thomas Spatzier
* Jan Glauber (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- * Derived from "crypto/sha1.c"
+ * Derived from "crypto/sha1_generic.c"
* Copyright (c) Alan Smithee.
* Copyright (c) Andrew McDonald <email@example.com>
* Copyright (c) Jean-Francois Dive <firstname.lastname@example.org>
diff --git a/arch/s390/crypto/sha256_s390.c b/arch/s390/crypto/sha256_s390.c
index 2ced3330bce..c728bd0ae1e 100644
@@ -7,7 +7,7 @@
* Copyright IBM Corp. 2005,2007
* Author(s): Jan Glauber (email@example.com)
- * Derived from "crypto/sha256.c"
+ * Derived from "crypto/sha256_generic.c"
* and "arch/s390/crypto/sha1_s390.c"
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it