|Age||Commit message (Collapse)||Author|
All dbau1x00 boards use the CFI driver so this stub driver is useless
and should not be compiled.
This patch fixes the error:
u-boot-git/board/dbau1x00/flash.c:34: multiple definition of `flash_init'
drivers/mtd/libmtd.o:u-boot-git/drivers/mtd/cfi_flash.c:2084: first defined here
board/dbau1x00/libdbau1x00.o: In function `write_buff':
u-boot-git/board/dbau1x00/flash.c:40: multiple definition of `write_buff'
drivers/mtd/libmtd.o:u-boot-git/drivers/mtd/cfi_flash.c:1265: first defined here
Signed-off-by: Daniel Schwierzeck <email@example.com>
Cc: Wolfgang Denk <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Signed-off-by: Shinya Kuribayashi <email@example.com>
Before this commit, weak symbols were not overridden by non-weak symbols
found in archive libraries when linking with recent versions of
binutils. As stated in the System V ABI, "the link editor does not
extract archive members to resolve undefined weak symbols".
This commit changes all Makefiles to use partial linking (ld -r) instead
of creating library archives, which forces all symbols to participate in
linking, allowing non-weak symbols to override weak symbols as intended.
This approach is also used by Linux, from which the gmake function
cmd_link_o_target (defined in config.mk and used in all Makefiles) is
The name of each former library archive is preserved except for
extensions which change from ".a" to ".o". This commit updates
references accordingly where needed, in particular in some linker
This commit reveals board configurations that exclude some features but
include source files that depend these disabled features in the build,
resulting in undefined symbols. Known such cases include:
- disabling CMD_NET but not CMD_NFS;
- enabling CONFIG_OF_LIBFDT but not CONFIG_QE.
Signed-off-by: Sebastien Carlier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Based on patch by Mike Frysinger, 20 Jun 2006
Modifications are based on the linux kernel approach and
support two use cases:
1) Add O= to the make command line
'make O=/tmp/build all'
2) Set environement variable BUILD_DIR to point to the desired location
The second approach can also be used with a MAKEALL script
Command line 'O=' setting overrides BUILD_DIR environent variable.
When none of the above methods is used the local build is performed and
the object files are placed in the source directory.
- rename CONFIG_BOOTBINFUNC into CONFIG_INIT_CRITICAL
- rename memsetup into lowlevel_init (function name and source files)
- Add support for Altera FPGA ACEX1K
* Patches by Thomas Lange, 09 Oct 2003:
- Endian swap ATA identity for all big endian CPUs, not just PPC
- MIPS only: New option CONFIG_MEMSIZE_IN_BYTES for passing memsize
args to linux
- add support for dbau1x00 board (MIPS32)